Columbus Post-Decree Modifications

columbus-post-degree-modificationA post-decree modification is any sort of modification of an order that was issued in a divorce or custody proceeding and can encompass visitation, custody, child support or spousal support. The most common issue surrounding a post-decree modification is child support or custody. The method of obtaining a post-decree modification is to file a Motion to Modify whatever aspect of your current order that you would like to change. A hearing will be set and in the event the parties can’t reach an agreement on the modification, the Court will hear evidence from both parties and decide whether or not a modification is appropriate.

If you would like to modify an existing support or custody order, contact one of Dailey Law Offices’ experienced Columbus Family Lawyers today for a free consultation.